Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pinspired Dotting Technique

Hey, nail lovers!  How are you?  Recently I found this nail art on Pinterest when I was looking for Canada Day nail ideas.  It was love at first sight.  I was gonna do a white base and then add color, but decided to switch it up.  It was to be a purple day.  Why not?  I love purple!  And so I went with colors that would match me dress I picked out.  Of course, it was purple, green, and white.  It's more of a bright turquoise rather than green, so I went with those colours.  
At first first, I was having trouble getting even dots.  but I got the hang of it.  I decided to vary the design for overlapping and adding another line.  now it looks more original too!  The trick with dotting is not dipping it into your bottle, but putting a little polish into a bowl and dipping from there.  You'll get more even dots and it you'll end up saving polish (as long as you don't pour too much out).  
Colours used:  Canmake 14 and 53, Bourjois 09, and Susie N.Y. 04.  
Oh, and I did my toes in a brighter colour of turquoise by Color Club, Age of Aquarius.
I moved the pin to my Pintastic! board.  Cuz it was a good one.  
Thank you, Pinterest.  
Happy pinning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment